There are many avenues to enhance technical skills to stay current or grow in new and existing technologies, including free options such as LinkedIn Learning.
As an organization, we encourage group learning opportunities. There are several benefits to UFIT investing in learning as a group. Time management, improved collaboration across units, reduced cost, open forum, and less demand on management.
- Training can last from a few hours to a few days or more. Group trainings reduce the amount of time required to get everyone up to speed.
- Having a group training event saves financial resources by reducing consulting costs for third party training.
- Group trainings provide an open forum for employees to collaborate, discuss and determine the importance of some learning content and what to focus on and learn from each other.
- Post training - improve employee’s ability to work co-operatively and build new relationships resulting in an additional resource for assistance improving efficiency for both the employee and supervisor.
Our training programs and resources are designed to help our employees perform at their BEST.
Suggestions for Group Learning Opportunities are always welcome. Please submit your requests through your unit leadership.
UFIT has provided over 5,000 training hours and nearly 300 participants
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Initial Architecture Course - This course covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on the AWS platform.
- Developing Operations - How to use the AWS SDK to develop secure and scalable cloud applications, how to interact with AWS using code and discuss key concepts, best practices, and troubleshooting tips.
- Advanced Architecture – Building on concepts introduced in Architecting on AWS including how to build complex solutions that incorporate data services, governance, and security on the AWS platform.
- Systems Operations - Developing on AWS: How to use the AWS SDK to develop secure and scalable cloud applications, how to interact with AWS using code and discuss key concepts, best practices, and troubleshooting tips.
- MS Azure Days - Familiarization training to major concepts and functions of the MS Azure Cloud Platform.
- myTraining Courses - offered on Reporting Basics, Query Studio, and PowerPlay.
- Reporting workshops for students and Academic Advisors as well as UF employees across campus
- Introduction to Google Cloud Platform - Familiarization training to major concepts and functions of the Google Cloud Platform.
Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Principles of Project Management presents the proven techniques of project management. Covers specific techniques such as Work Breakdown Structure and Resource Leveling and allows opportunities to practice each technique. Three-day workshop was conducted in May, 2020 with 21 participants.
- Linux Academy – A wide variety of training in information technologies. Used for both increasing breadth of technology knowledge in new areas and for focused information on advanced concepts.