It is the employee’s responsibility to let their supervisor know as soon as possible on the first day of absence why you must be absent and when you expect to return. If your anticipated return date changes, keep your supervisor informed. The employee must e-mail a notification to their immediate supervisor (and Team Lead where appropriate). E-mail is the required form of notification of your absence within UFIT. In accordance with University guidelines, if the absence is FMLA-qualifying you must notify your supervisor at this time.
7 x 24 Operations specific process:
- In the event of an unanticipated absence, the operator must call the Data Center Operations Center (392-2291), as soon as possible prior to the start of their shift. This is essential due to the need to find a replacement for the shift.
- E-mail is then required for notification of your absence to the department lead within UFIT. In accordance with University guidelines, if the absence is FMLA-qualifying you must notify your supervisor at this time.
- The employee notification to the immediate supervisor shall be as soon as possible, but no later than thirty (30) minutes after the scheduled start of the shift.
- In the event e-mail is unavailable to the employee, the employee must telephone the supervisor or the next higher supervisor if your immediate supervisor is unavailable.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure the email notification is actually sent by the e-mail system.
- Failure to follow proper notification procedure may result in disciplinary action including unauthorized leave without pay for non-exempt employees.