Leave Without Pay
Leave without pay will result when employees who have exhausted their accrued leave balance have their supervisor’s approval for their absence. Leave without pay can also be used to make an employee’s FTE whole where an employee with an FMLA qualifying event uses intermittent leave during an extended leave of absence. Leave without pay must be approved in advance by the supervisor.
Unauthorized Leave Without Pay (Non-Exempt Employees)
Unauthorized leave without pay may result in the following situations:
- Failure to follow call-in procedure to report an absence or tardiness.
- Failure to submit medical documentation when requested.
- Where the employee’s tardiness is not justified or approved by the supervisor for paid leave.
- Failure to report to work as scheduled, and/or call in to report their absence, (“No call no show”).
- Unauthorized leave without pay will result in initiation of progressive disciplinary action.